- Responsible for overseeing meal preparation by volunteers. Must be able to conduct all meal preparation independently or with minimal volunteer assistance in the absence of volunteer teams.
- Ability to develop and train volunteers and to maintain communication with all dining site volunteers.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for guests of all backgrounds.
- Must comply with organization requirements to collect and report necessary statistics.
- Perform administrative duties including submitting any necessary paperwork to the Central Office in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory at the dining site and create a welcoming atmosphere by maintaining site cleanliness and safety.
- Communicate with Central Office staff and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Represent Loaves and Fishes in a positive manner while promoting program mission and vision at all times.
- Duties as assigned.
Individual should possess:
- Leadership skills
- Cooking experience
- Organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to make clear decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect
- Ability to take direction from management
- Ability to work with various groups with differing needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation and ability to transport food in personal vehicle
- Note: In support of the adjacent community, priority is given to applicants who live close to the dining site.
All positions are for dinner shifts unless otherwise noted.
Dinner shift 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM daily
*Lunch shift 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM daily
Loaves & Fishes hires paid interns to work at dining sites and farm. Please come back in spring 2020 to view available opportunities.