Host a Fundraiser to Benefit Loaves and Fishes
Thank you for supporting Loaves and Fishes!
Anyone is eligible to help fundraise for us – we welcome both individuals and groups. The type of event or campaign is entirely up to you. It's our mission to provide nutritious meals to those who need it most, we depend on the help of supporters like you.
Where do I start?
It’s easy! First, please complete our Fundraising Submission Form prior to any planning or promotion of your proposed event.
All events that include the use of Loaves and Fishes’ name and/or logo must be approved in advance by our staffboth parties will sign an External Fundraising Letter of Agreement.
The agreement ensures that our staff is fully informed about your event, which allows Loaves and Fishes to help you in any way that we can.
The following are ways that we can support your fundraiser (see our Event Support Guidelines for more specifics):
Promotion of the Event
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) Advertising
- Email Blasts
Provide Information for Flyers and Press Releases
- Loaves and Fishes staff will work with you to provide the most relevant information for your PR material.
Provide Thank You Notes for Donors
- When provided with donor contact information, Loaves and Fishes will promptly send out donor thank you notes.
Loaves and Fishes’ Guidelines for Third-Party Fundraising Events
By nature, the event should raise financial resources for Loaves and Fishes. Loaves and Fishes gladly accepts any and all donation amounts. We appreciate monetary proceeds within 45 days of the fundraising event or campaign.
The event should generate positive media exposure. Applications for fundraising activities should align with our mission.
All publicity materials must be approved by Loaves and Fishes prior to distribution, and should not indicate that Loaves and Fishes is sponsoring or co-sponsoring the event. Loaves and Fishes is only the beneficiary.
Explicitly inform the public how Loaves and Fishes will benefit from the fundraising event. For example, if Loaves and Fishes is only receiving a percentage of the proceeds, this should be stated clearly in publicity materials.
- Due to limited resources, Loaves and Fishes staff and/or volunteer participation in an event cannot be guaranteed. This is determined on a case-by-case basis and is typically based on revenue and media exposure. See our Event Support Guidelines for more information.
- Please read and sign the External Fundraising Letter of Agreement.
Things we cannot do:
- Share Loaves and Fishes mailing lists and/or donor lists.
- Provide funding or reimbursement or event expenses.
- Provide insurance coverage.
- Provide licensing and permits.
Loaves and Fishes Event Support Guidelines
The amount of logistical support that Loaves and Fishes provides differs based on expected revenue and degree of media exposure. Our support typically follows the guidelines listed below.
1. Once approved by Loaves and Fishes staff, all events are eligible for:
- Loaves and Fishes logo usage
- Promotion of the event on the Loaves and Fishes website and social media outlets (as appropriate)
- Donor thank you notes
2. Events raising $10,000-$25,000 are eligible for:
- All of the above
- Loaves and Fishes staff assistance
3. Events raising $25,000 or greater are eligible for:
- All of the above
- Volunteer assistance**
- Executive staff member presence at the event
**Conditions of Volunteer Participation:
Volunteer presence is never guaranteed. The need is determined on a case-by-case basis and availability of volunteers.
Loaves and Fishes requires a 30-day notice for volunteers.
The volunteer experience should be appropriate and worthwhile.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your fundraising ideas. For more information, please contact Patti Sinykin, Director of Development, at 612.554.4935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.