The HUB enables small nonprofits in the Twin Cities metro area to affordably source just the right amount of healthy food needed from Loaves & Fishes’ Minneapolis warehouse for the nonprofit's in-house meal program to constituents.
We are an official re-distributor of Second Harvest Heartland food: After successfully completing a six-month pilot program with four partnering nonprofits, Loaves & Fishes officially became Minnesota’s first and only re-distributor of Second Harvest Heartland food in June 2018.
Healthy meals created from our food supply are served with these HUB partners:
- Sarah's Oasis for Women: a home for women healing from trauma
- Casa De Esperanza: a domestic violence center for the Latino community
- Ain Dah Yung Center: a shelter for American Indian youth
- Tree Trust: a youth employment program for kids from low-income families or who have special needs and/or other risk factors
- Metro Hope Ministries: a drug and alcohol recovery program serving men, women, and mothers with children
- SafeZone: a drop-in center for homeless youth
- Vail House | Vail Place: providing community-based recovery services for adults with serious mental illnesses
- Touchstone Mental Health: providing services for people whose lives are affected by mental illnesses
- Avenues for Youth: an emergency shelter, short-term housing and supportive services for homeless youth
- Turning Point: providing chemical health, housing, supporting services and training for the African American community
- 180 Degrees: supporting individuals and families in overcoming barriers, transforming lives, and contributing to healthy, multicultural communities
- Peace House Community: offering a non-violent, welcoming and inclusive community for poor and marginalized women and men who are seeking companionship, safety from the streets and personal affirmation
- Perspectives: breaking cycles for at-risk women and children for total family recovery
- Source: through urban outreach and anti-trafficking efforts, SOURCE is empowering the at-risk and unreached to make a break from the past and build foundations for the future
- St. Wenceslaus Church Soup Kitchen Project
- Hamline McVay Youth: offers a safe, fun place for middle and high school students
- Arlington House: assists youth in crisis by providing shelter, counseling and education, to increase confidence, instill hope and build upon existing strengths, to promote growth and development
- Transformation House Inc: advocates for and provides specialized care for adult men and women suffering from continuous patterns of dysfunction due to the use of alcohol and drugs who may or may not have a mental health diagnosis
- Guardian Angels Church: volunteer team serving at St. Mark's in Shakopee
- St. Richard's Church: volunteer team serving at St. Stephen's in Minneapolis
HUB Partner Testimonials:
- From Safezone: "Our partnership with Loaves & Fishes is allowing us to vastly improve the quality of our food service operations. This, in turn, is allowing us to help upwards of 100 youth/day who are facing homelessness and hunger. We are very grateful for this partnership!"
- From Sarah's Oasis for Women: "I can't begin to tell you how amazing the food is...Wednesday when I brought avocados, green grapes, and mangoes the women were overjoyed! The sweet corn, onions, carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli and greens are always a hit - our women cook from morning 'til night. Also, for the past month, Garrett has given us individual laundry washing packets by the 100 per box. Can you imagine with 32 women doing laundry how valuable this is? For our monthly dinners, we have been able to rely on L&F for the frozen main/side dishes as well as fresh greens for salads. Everything about Loaves and Fishes is a true blessing!"
Join The HUB
To learn more about The HUB and how it can help your organization, please contact:
- Kiley Benson at email@example.com (Director of Operations)
- Cathy Maes at firstname.lastname@example.org (Executive Director)
For HUB Partners
HUB Demographics Form (for use by MOU-signed HUB partners only)