Position Summary:The Site Coordinator works with volunteers to create and serve nutritious meals to our guests. The Site Coordinator supervises all site activities and is in charge of running the dining site from open to close. This is a 30-hours/week position, eligible for benefits.
The Loaves and Fishes Fulfillment Associate will manage inventory ticket orders in a timely manner. Orders will be completed based on number, size, quantity and quality. This position requires accuracy, attention to detail, cleanliness and friendly customer service. In addition the associate needs to be comfortable to direct daily volunteers.
Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Ability to operate handling equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills, including willingness to work with a variety of people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking in developing volunteer opportunities
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Experience in fulfilling orders of all sizes
- Reliable transportation
- Responsible for overseeing meal preparation by volunteers. Must be able to conduct all meal preparation independently or with minimal volunteer assistance in the absence of volunteer teams.
- Ability to develop and train volunteers and to maintain communication with all dining site volunteers.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for guests of all backgrounds.
- Must comply with organization requirements to collect and report necessary statistics.
- Perform administrative duties including submitting any necessary paperwork to the Central Office in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory at the dining site and create a welcoming atmosphere by maintaining site cleanliness and safety.
- Communicate with Central Office staff and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Represent Loaves and Fishes in a positive manner while promoting program mission and vision at all times.
- Duties as assigned.
Individual should possess:
- Leadership skills
- Cooking experience
- Organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to make clear decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect
- Ability to take direction from management
- Ability to work with various groups with differing needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation and ability to transport food in personal vehicle
- Note: In support of the adjacent community, priority is given to applicants who live close to the dining site.
All positions are for dinner shifts unless otherwise noted.
Dinner shift 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM daily
*Lunch shift 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM daily
Loaves & Fishes hires paid interns to work at dining sites and farm. Please come back in spring 2020 to view available opportunities.