The HUB enables small nonprofits to affordably source just the right amount of healthy food needed for their own in-house meals.
- Nonprofits enjoy significant cost savings in their food budget, convenience of food pick-up, enhanced selection of fresh produce that includes farm fresh ingredients, and, ultimately the ability to more fully focus staff and resources on core missions.
- Their constituents benefit from improved nutritional content of meals served and a strengthening of programming.
- Loaves and Fishes is able to support nonprofits that serve people facing obstacles outside hunger relief, like homelessness, addiction, domestic violence and trauma.
Loaves and Fishes is an official re-distributor of Second Harvest Heartland food. After successfully completing a six-month pilot program with four partnering nonprofits, Loaves & Fishes officially became Minnesota’s first and only re-distributor of Second Harvest Heartland food in June 2018.
Partner List: click HERE for a full list of partnering nonprofits
HUB Partner Testimonial:
- From Sarah's Oasis for Women: "I can't begin to tell you how amazing the food is...Wednesday when I brought avocados, green grapes, and mangoes the women were overjoyed! The sweet corn, onions, carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli and greens are always a hit - our women cook from morning 'til night. Also, for the past month, Garrett has given us individual laundry washing packets by the 100 per box. Can you imagine with 32 women doing laundry how valuable this is? For our monthly dinners, we have been able to rely on L&F for the frozen main/side dishes as well as fresh greens for salads. Everything about Loaves and Fishes is a true blessing!"
Join The HUB
To learn more about The HUB and how it can help your organization, please contact:
- Kiley Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org (Director of Operations)
- Cathy Maes at email@example.com (Executive Director)
For MOU-Signed HUB Partners Only
HUB DOCUMENTS LOGIN (for use by MOU-signed HUB partners only)