The Benefits of a Charitable Rollover
Beginning at age 70½ you must withdraw a certain amount of money from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). This is called a Required Minimum Distribution. With a traditional IRA, your contributions were not taxed. Required Minimum Distributions are taxed.
But there is a way to lower your taxes on the RMD and also help Loaves & Fishes. You can take some or all of your RMD and donate it directly to a charity through an IRA Charitable Rollover. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
The benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover include:
- Avoiding taxes on transfers up to $100,000 from you IRA to Loaves & Fishes;
- Your gift will meet the required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- An IRA Charitable Rollover reduces the amount of income taxed, even if you don’t itemize deductions
- Your contribution is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Your gifts further the work and mission of our organization
Please seek the advice of your financial or legal adviser or talk through your options with our Executive Director, Cathy Maes, at 612-392-5606. Learn more below.
How Does an IRA Charitable Rollover Work?
- Contact the plan administrator for your IRA to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- The funds from your IRA are directly transferred to our organization to help continue our work.
- Charitable rollovers lower your tax bill, but they do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Ready to Make Your Gift?
Contact your IRA plan administrator to request a gift be made to Loaves and Fishes Too.
Our Legal Name & ID
Our Legal Name: Loaves and Fishes Too
Federal Tax ID Number: #41-1421522
Address: 721 Kasota Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414